We are pleased that you are interested in learning more about the Dart Foundation's mission and grant process. We value the time and resources that organizations spend trying to secure funding. We therefore strongly encourage you to review the following guidelines to help determine whether your project aligns well with our mission and funding preferences before applying.
The Foundation considers requests from tax qualified organizations (must have a successful track record of at least three years) for projects that support:
We prefer to support projects that:
The Foundation will not consider requests for funding:
Grants are focused in the immediate vicinities of specifically identified communities across the United States. Please note that those in red have fully utilized their funding allotment for the year. We will not consider grants in these communities until the next fiscal year beginning November 1, 2017.
• CA: Corona and Lodi
• FL: Deerfield Beach, Plant City and Sarasota
• GA: Augusta, Conyers, Lithonia and Thomaston
• ID: Twin Falls
• IL: North Aurora, Urbana, and parts of Chicago; contact us for specific guidance in Chicago
• KY: Horse Cave and Owensboro
• MD: Federalsburg
• MI: Mid-Michigan; primarily in Ingham and Eaton Counties with limited grant-making in Clinton and Jackson Counties
• MS: Quitman
• NC: Randleman
• OK: Ada
• PA: Leola and Lancaster
• TX: Dallas and Waxahachie; contact us for specific guidance in Dallas
• WA: Tumwater
Decisions are made by our trustees on a quarterly basis. You will receive a decision as soon as possible, but generally within 8-10 weeks of our quarterly application deadlines listed below. Organizations should plan their requests around these decision-making timeframes because the Foundation is not able to expedite requests to fit individual project or program schedules.
The Foundation uses an online application and reporting process. Only applications submitted through our online system will be considered for funding. You will need to use either Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) or Google Chrome as your web browser to access our site.
We want to ensure that all organizations understand the Foundation’s grant guidelines and specific eligibility requirements before expending time on a request for funding. In addition to the specific requirements outlined above, please be advised that your grant must serve individuals in one of the above-stated communities AND must also be in a philanthropic area of interest funded by the Foundation in order to be considered.
If your request meets these requirements, we would encourage you to consider applying for a grant. Please note that we value your time and encourage you to contact us to obtain feedback on a particular project or funding request if you have questions after you have read all of the content on our website.
Log in here to:
- Review your previous grant requests
- Submit your Letter of Agreement for a recently approved grant
- Submit your Grant Report for a completed project (required most frequently for grants exceeding $5,000)
- Complete an in-process grant request
- A project budget is generally required for all grant requests. View our budget template and guidelines.
If after fully reviewing our website you still have specific questions not contained on the site, contact us via our online portal.